2016年6月6日月曜日

Acculturation+Banga


In this journal I want to talk about the acculturation base on Berry’s acculturation model. And use my cultural background to explain my opinion of the strategy I would take assimilation when I meet with cultural shock. But in my mind, I think integration is the best one. 
  Frist, I was born and raised in western-south of China. There are cultural differences between north and south, at the same times, west and east. North is more radical than south at emotion. East is more opening than west at thinking. Seen my family are raised in a small western-south city, their ideas are very conservative. My university is in Beijing, eastern-north of China. It changed my mind. I never go out of my town expect Beijing, and it is my first time study abroad as an exchange student.


Thought the date of freedom, we can see Chinese people are always under government’s control. We have citizen rights but it doesn’t mean we have liberal. That’s why I will use assimilation strategy at the game. Assimilation equal obey protecting me out of minority group. Even I want to use integration to keep my own part from my culture.

In the first time, I played the game with American, so the rule I learned from them is all I knew. In the second time, I played with Asian and just obeyed the new rule without saying a word.

Even taking assimilation is flexible and safety choice, we also need to keep our identity. Through civilization revolution, we threw our tradition that we insisted 3000 years. At that time, if we use assimilation to protect our individual, maybe things will be different. Our society will be less homogeneity.

The reason I choose integration is go for our identity. It can remind us who we were and who we are.

Questions:
(1) How is your country?
(2) Which one do you prefer to choose?
(3) Why do you choose this ?
(4) What do you think about integration?
(5)What do you think about assimilation?

1 件のコメント:

  1. Excellent personal and cultural illustration of assimilation and integration. Thank you River :)
    ALK

    返信削除