2016年6月6日月曜日

communicate style

 Write about your communication style in your journal. Using the terms Indirect-Direct, Restrained-Expressive. Give reasons you generally use this communications style. Are there exceptions? When might you use a different style? Explain. Did you notice similarities or differences between your communication style and your introversion-extroversion mix?



   My personal communication style is indirect and restrained. When someone cause offense to me, I will take examples to make him understand my feeling, instead of telling him directly. At the same time, I won’t express my emotions especially negative emotions. I always use this communication style for several reasons.
   Frist, using indirect ways can help us avoiding to hurt people, at least, not too much. It is safe that making listeners think about what I really want to say, and in the same time, maybe they will understand me by using time to think. 
   Plus, restrained express way is a good way that I can hide my real feeling, and give me a space to protect myself. If I overact, I will blame myself after that. Expressive will make not only myself but also listeners.
    And I won’t change my communication type, because it is not only connect with my individual expression of emotions but also connect with my cultural background. To most of Chinese people, we think expressing our emotions is shame. As a old saying says:” Scandal should keep in our own home”. You can see Chinese people won’t talk about these own business, especially scandals. That means we can not express our negative feeling, even we feel struggle.
    Combining communication style and introversion-extroversion style, these are 4 type of people. I am the most negative one.  Indirect way and reserved expressing are almost the same thing.

Question
(1)Which type is your communication style you will take?Why?
(2) Are you a reserved one or expressive one?
(3) Do you feel the differences between your communication style and you introversion-extroversion?
(4) Do you want to change your communication style?

(5) Why you still using your communication style instead of changing?

2 件のコメント:

  1. You know yourself well River. Why might someone use a direct and expressive communication style? If you went to France, Algeria, or Germany and people did not get what you wanted to say through examples, what might you do?

    ALK

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I don't know maybe give them more time to change themselves(it sounds impossible) or just change my communication way. I am not sure.

      削除